Open Your Checking Account Online
New from your neighborhood Standard Bank! The Online Account Opening application process is simple and can be completed in 4 easy steps, in just about 10 minutes! Choose from a wide variety of products, including our all-new high interest rewards account - my green checking.
All you need before you start:
- Identification type (i.e. Driver's license)
- Social Security Number
- Date of birth
- Contact information (such as address and phone number)
We also need to know how you will make your initial deposit to set up your account and will ask you for:
- Account number and routing number (if you are using money from another financial institution)
- If your application is approved, your account will be immediately opened. An account number will be assigned to you within one/two business days. Please print the confirmation page for your records.
- Account applications submitted outside of Illinois or Indiana will only be accepted from current customers or new customers recently relocated to our area.
*For your security the system will log you off if there is no activity for several minutes.
Already A Customer?
First and foremost, thank you
for choosing Standard Bank!
Important Information about Opening a New Account
- If you currently have a Standard Bank Checking or Savings account and would like to switch for free into one of our new rewards products, please contact us at 866-499-BANK (2265) or visit one of our 43 convenient locations to speak with a Customer Service Representative.
- Click here to enroll in Online Banking and CheckFree Bill Pay
Account applications submitted outside of Illinois or Indiana will only be accepted from current customers or new customers recently relocated to our area.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal Law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We will also ask for information from your driver’s license or state-issued ID.
You understand that by applying online for your account, you are providing written instructions to Standard Bank & Trust Co. under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to obtain information from your personal credit profile (commonly referred to as a consumer report) from a consumer reporting agency. In addition, you authorize the Bank to obtain additional information from your consumer report at any time during the course of your account relationship as deemed necessary by the Bank.