Overdraft Options Form
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
1. We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account. An Overdraft Service is a service under which a financial institution assesses a fee or charge on a consumer's account held by the institution for paying a transaction (including a check or other item) when the consumer has insufficient funds (NSF) in the account. We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay an overdraft transaction. If your account would go below zero as a result of a transaction, we may pay the transaction and charge you an Overdraft Item Fee, per transaction.
2. We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, please ask.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks or other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Standard Bank and Trust Co. pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $34.90 each time we pay an overdraft.
- If your account is overdrawn for 5 or more consecutive business days, we will charge an additional $8 fee per day.
- We will limit the number of Overdraft and Returned NSF Items fees we charge in a business day to 6 items.
- Additionally, we will not charge Overdraft or Returned NSF Items fees if your ending account balance is overdrawn by $5.00 or less.
What if I want Standard Bank and Trust Co. to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call (866) 499-2265 or complete the form below.